Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

General BUDA 5 Thread

Comments

• MorteMorte Earthforce Officer
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Warlord II [/i]
    [B]Heck I waited them almost year (I checked from my email). [/B][/QUOTE]
    Dude I'e been in this mod since a couple of months after IW2 was released and I've only just got them!
    As for Aurora I say if he can help make him welcome- I also agree no FTP rights immediatly, but that could also hinder his helpfulness unless he has some other way to get material to others (IE his own webspace).
  • LogicSequenceLogicSequence Elite Ranger
    has anyone gotten his mission??
  • Warlord IIWarlord II Earthforce Officer
    Aurora posted his mission's package folder in general forum but I made mod folder, mod ini and html files and packed them and then I uploaded it to our ftp. [url=mods.firstones.com/buda5/temp/Deimos.zip]HERE[/url]. There is also source which I got via icq. Buda package he was using is outdated but it works.

He got scenario running, made a jump and got ships fighting each other. You can only get better by coding more which is preferrably in our group :)
    here is a very SMALL... VERY ALPHA version of our new video logo to go with ingame and the mission collection.... keep in mind it's small and an ALPHA version :) (it's in .bik (bink) format)

[URL=http://mods.firstones.com/buda5/temp/New_logo_test_1.bik]Video Logo[/URL]
  • IndieIndie Moderator
    Very nice Logic. I love the sound effect. ;)

I'll send Sanfam a message about Aurora then.
    here's an updated pic from the logo... it should be ready very soon.. and hopefully so will ingame?

[IMG]http://mods.firstones.com/buda5/public/logo_test_shot_1.jpg[/IMG]
  • what is the status of babylon5 defence grid....is it possible to do?I'm still doing that severed dreams and now i'd have time do it at my full capacity but it will probable take a very long time untilll i get it done...I'm still trying to get myself familiar with scripting...
  • IndieIndie Moderator
    It needs to be tested, but in the end - if it won't fire as a station one could just make B5 a starship with zero thrusters. Problem solved.:D
  • hmm...i could make her a VERY nice test...it's kind of hard to test my mission without defence grid but I'm not even there yet...I just wanna make as perfect recreation as i only can...but if you wanna make something perfect you'll never get it finished cause nothing is perfect...:)
  • what happens when the shadows get a hold of a whitestar? you get a shadowstar.... ;)

[IMG]http://mods.firstones.com/buda5/temp/shadow_star_1.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://mods.firstones.com/buda5/temp/shadow_star_2.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://mods.firstones.com/buda5/temp/shadow_star_3.jpg[/IMG]
  • aurora, what progress have you made with your endevours?
  • not much...there is a big problem in severed dreams battle with jumping...sometimes the ships collide with jumpgate or they collide with each others so I'm kind of waiting that bigger jumpgate...also there is something wrong with the fighters but i think i can solve it...

about those tutorials...
    i need somebody to check them out and then i could open my training camp:)
  • The larger jumpgate is in ingame, assuming you DL'd it, can't u just pull the files from that? or do u need to know how?
    Also, what's wrong with fighters? can you elaborate?

Post your tutoials somewhere and we'll test it.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by LogicSequence [/i]
    [B]Post your tutoials somewhere and we'll test it. [/B][/QUOTE]
    He posted them already in the [url=http://forums.firstones.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4909]More Scripters[/url] Thread.
  • ah yes well... there! :)
  • Well, I just got the ingame mod and i don't have a slightest clue what to do...???

The fighters have problems with appearing.Not all of them wanna appear but it seems to help if i put them in groups
  • i just cleared the user P3K for access to the dev forum, he sent me some of his modeling work and it looks great :) he should be posting here within a day or 2

@aurora:
    just go to the ingame core file, unzip it, and go to Avatars>jumpgate. just copy those files OVER the ones you were using for the jumpgate :)
  • [SIZE=4]P3K:[/SIZE]

I removed your wip file from the general forums. The reason is that we don't want to show everything we have to the general audience until it's completed. We've had problems in the past with security leaks. we like to get everything working, then release things as a semi-surprise to the general audience. Go ahead and post anything like that, that you want in the DEV forum, that's fine, in fact encouraged :)
  • IndieIndie Moderator
    Hmh.

I don't know what could have been such a secret that it couldn't be posted in general discussion. I've posted wip scripts and demos in case you haven't noticed. Campaign spoilers are another thing since they could ruin the fun for others, but screenshots?

At the very least, you should have moved the post here before deleting it to save him the trouble of reposting it.
  • So Logic, where is P3K's post now?
  • [URL=http://mods.firstones.com/buda5/temp/minbari_fem_head2.lwo]WIP[/URL]

It WILL have something to do with the campaign, i thought we were trying to remain secretive with the campaign.
  • K.
    I think, Logic did right. I would've only posted a screenshot for the public and not the file itself for download.

Indie and Logic, you both are right. We should show some pics of in progress works, but not too often and not too much.
  • hey guys, usually i like feedback from people to keep me motivated so i post wips...but from now ill do it here if u want
    its gonna be tough to optimize it even more :) i have almost
    no low poly experience hehe

about the campaign, is there any ideas yet as to which direction
    its going? man there must be so many possibilites cuz of so many
    battles in b5 series.....anyway this will help me in that ill know
    which species to model first. of course humans will be the easiest
    since i have models of those, just need to be cut down to low geo
    first

oh and i never posted my file :) just the jpg, dunno if that spoils
    much but oh well

btw why does this board still ask me for L/P ? i just press cancel
    and it lets me thru......but i still had no acess to my pic that u put
    here....weird

and still cant finish dling ingame from that torrent link : \ doh
    -------
    ahh just checked, its resuming :)

-p3k
  • Warlord IIWarlord II Earthforce Officer
    There is couple threads concerning campaign in dev forum. Something like "campaign sketch" would be the newest one. Campaign involves Explorer ship and there is general idea for most of the missions.

That torrent is downloading probably because I'm seeding it but I won't do so for very long because I need my already low bandwith for myself. I just hope you don't have much left to download.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by P3k [/i]
    [B]btw why does this board still ask me for L/P ? i just press cancel and it lets me thru......but i still had no acess to my pic that u put here....weird[/B][/QUOTE]
    Thats b/c the Buda5 Temp folder is protected. For the Password dialog use the following strings:

[size=3]Username: Buda5
    Password: ironcoya[/size]

Then you will be able to see all the pics.
  • How can i create a ring station into a mission?stupid queston but i can't figure it out...
  • Creating stations

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Aurora SF [/i]
    [B]How can i create a ring station into a mission?stupid queston but i can't figure it out... [/B][/QUOTE]
    Include it like every fighter and capital ship (placing etc).
    Just use the Sim package instead of the iShip package for the creation stations.

Example:
    [code] babylon5 = Sim.Create("ini:/sims/stations/babylon5/babylon5", "Babylon 5");
    Sim.SetCullable( babylon5, false );
    iSim.SetFaction( babylon5, ea_faction );
    Sim.PlaceRelativeTo( babylon5, jumpgate_wp, 0, -15km, -10km );[/code]
  • Still doesn't appear...
  • ea_ring_station = Sim.Create("ini:/sims/stations/ea_ring_station/ea_ring_station", "Alpha Station 1");
    Sim.SetCullable(ea_ring_station, false);
    // iSim.SetFaction(ea_ring_station, ea_faction);
    Sim.PlaceRelativeTo(ea_ring_station, jumpgate, 10km, -2km, 10km);

So, whats wrong with this?
  • hey guys, i just fired up the ingame for the first time.....and
    one of the first things i noticed is that the music almost
    comes to conflict if there is any speech by the characters.

soo........i just happen to have 7 ost albums of b5 from
    various episodes...including i think most intros to the seasons.
    it has alot of ambient songs that would be perfect for space
    travel......these are by christopher franke i think

well whoever does the music i can set up my ftp for you to download its about 280mb in all but worth sorting thru

this would make a cooler gaming experience in buda5 if the
    music matched the action that takes place...for example
    if some badass goons come out of a jumpgate the music would
    change to something energetic while in normal travel it would
    be soft and ambient .....anyways :)))) while im blabbing i setup
    my server hehe

24.85.84.144, on port 41779
    l/p is buda5/leechers

my cap is around 58kbs from west .ca :)

cheers

------

shit now i started listening to all of them...brings back memories