Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

General BUDA 5 Thread

Comments

• Roi DantonRoi Danton Moderator
    Re: THunderbolt update

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by LogicSequence [/i]
    [B]should i release it as an update to the tbolt, or an alternative mod?[/B][/QUOTE]

Wow, looks good!!
    I think you should seperate it from the normal Thunderbolt so we scripters have the choise what we wanna use (otherwise the Thunderbolt would be too strong).

In your I-War Mod I would replace the old Thunderbolt with this version.
  • LogicSequenceLogicSequence Elite Ranger
    try this out and tell me what'cha think...

[URL=http://mods.firstones.com/buda5/temp/ea_thunderbolt_v2BETA.zip]EA Thunderbolt v2.0BETA[/URL]

hmmm..... i won't give it away, but remember to flip thru yer weapons, i added some... and.... well i won't give it away, but tell me if one is to... over the top.. (even tho specs technically say it's "supposed" to be there)
    EA Thunderbolt V2

*Oh* *ugh* :eek: :eek:
    I would call it Super-TB. Impressive weapons! I think it's too strong for your mod, even the Quad Puls is so strong that I can torch a Patcom with one shoot.

Nice idea with that short firing beams weapon!

[b]Fabulous Animation of the Rockets![/b]

Maybe we could use that ship for some missions. I have some ideas but not real plans. First I have to finish my mission.
    well i'm not gonna release it with the particle beam, it's too much, and the pulse cannons aren't balanced, once they are, the superpower should be knocked down a few notches. but the missiles i thought were just right? i mean the tbolt is supposed to have missiles. were the new sounds good?
    [B]but the missiles i thought were just right? i mean the tbolt is supposed to have missiles. were the new sounds good? [/B][/QUOTE]
    Sounds were good, Missiles are perfect. The only thing is, that I fired all at the same time due to activated weapon link.
    not a prob, i can dissable weapons link for the missiles.
    [SIZE=3]GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    HHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

just thought i'd share my general frustration with this peice of......!!!.!.!.!!.!. game! go to.... and up yer..... ARGH! OK... :)

P.S.
    i'm sure some have you have had that same feeling be4... LOL nite nite ;)

:: pulls gun and shoots himself :: lol
    Juhu, I'm not alone! ;)

[B]P.S.
    i'm sure some have you have had that same feeling be4... LOL nite nite ;)

:: pulls gun and shoots himself :: lol [/B][/QUOTE]
    Of course Logic, I had this feeling around 1 billion times since the last christmas.

But be sure, it will disappear anytime ;) .
    as a point of curiosity about the weapons link.... in the iccargoscript.pkg file if u open with a text editer, there is a line that says: "Cargo_WeaponLinkHardware ini:/subsims/systems/player/subsystems/weapon_link"....

STRANGE EH!?
  • Warlord IIWarlord II Earthforce Officer
    [B]as a point of curiosity about the weapons link.... in the iccargoscript.pkg file if u open with a text editer, there is a line that says: "Cargo_WeaponLinkHardware ini:/subsims/systems/player/subsystems/weapon_link"....[/B][/QUOTE]Yes, strange because it isn't there...
    precisely. which leads me to think it was PLANNED to be there origionally but then they found another way of working it in...? question is... HOW? lol
    Weapon Link ...

... I've posted a request on the INA board.
    come on guys, post more often, lol
    alrighty guys... inadvertantly i found the max feasable size for an object in EOC.... 10-15KM diameter. anything bigger will not be seen by the camera.
  • IndieIndie Moderator
    Ok, thats good to know. Still, I think it'll be a decent sized asteroid. Plenty of room for caves inside. (Yeah, the Buda5 classic: Asteroid cave)
    One Asimov class transport ;) sneak peek for u guys, she'll be ready soon.

[IMG]http://mods.firstones.com/buda5/temp/asimov.jpg[/IMG]
    [B]One Asimov class transport ;) sneak peek for u guys, she'll be ready soon.[/B][/QUOTE]
    *Uh* sweet :) . I'm just curious about the textures of the middle section: The looks a little bit blurred. Was this your intention or it is b/c of the photo or are my eyes just blurred? :p
  • IndieIndie Moderator
    Everytime I'm thinking of releasing the ship pack you create a new ship that I just HAVE to include. Stop that! :)

btw, the window lights(?) in the rotating section look a bit odd. Possibly due to texture blurring Roi mentioned.
    YEA! i dunno what's causing that!? the window textures are actually moving like procedural textures! at least on my machine... REALLY WEIRD. i mean if they look that way on everyones we may wanna keep it! lol it looks like people ar walking in front of the windows... it's weird. as for the center... that's b/c it's a 512x512 wrapped around the entire circumference of the center... so it's not the best quality... i could make it a 1024 x 1024, but that's in the high - res range... would look better tho.
    new screenies...

[IMG]http://mods.firstones.com/buda5/temp/asimov_1.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://mods.firstones.com/buda5/temp/asimov_2.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://mods.firstones.com/buda5/temp/asimov_3.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://mods.firstones.com/buda5/temp/asimov_4.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://mods.firstones.com/buda5/temp/asimov_5.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://mods.firstones.com/buda5/temp/asimov_6.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://mods.firstones.com/buda5/temp/asimov_7.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://mods.firstones.com/buda5/temp/asimov_8.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://mods.firstones.com/buda5/temp/asimov_9.jpg[/IMG]
    Hey looks good, also the windows now. Have you used bigger textures - 1024x1024 ? or the 512 ones? I mean, the middle section looks good on the screen so if it's the old one I would leave that so like it is.

The other part looks good, too. Nice work!
    they're 1024's. thanx for the morph gizmo plugin... so how do i use it??? LOL there was no readme
    ok indie, the asimov is ready, it's been posted on the site, so u can just grab it there. there's also some screenshots in the propaganda section.

@morte: should u move the tinashi pics to the misc page? aside from the the excalibur and B5 (which were special cases) i've been trying to keep all other ships in the Misc page. up to u guys tho.
  • IndieIndie Moderator
    Got it, thanks. I'm uploading the new ship pack now. Its 165Mb... :o
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Aurora SF [/i] (in the general forum)
    [B]sorry about this false alarm:) I managed to make a working mission (AT LAST!!) it has still few minor problems but nothing what I can't handle.

So,what are the requirement for membership of buda5?:)

:robot: [/B][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by LogicSequence [/i](in the general forum)
    [B]hmmm submit your mission, then they're will be a board review of present (active) buda 5 members... each has one vote.. yea or nea. majority rules.

lol either that or someone will just say yes or no ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Shall we see the mission and have a vote? (or do it old style and just let him in?) i say we see what he's done and take a vote... better security that way.. helps weed out fakers, people who just want access to the dev forum.. (i'd also suggest no rush to give him an FTP address... i think those should be given out... well bluntly... after the new person has proven themselves for a while... we don't wanna give new guys that may be gone in 2 weeks FTP access... in addition to bad things that could be INTENTIONALLY done... they might not know how things are done here, and it could result in problems... but that's just my opinion....) we could vote on it... hell we could set up a voting system, something to settle conflicts, etc... each active member getting one vote. we could even make some kind of seniority panel with veto power. i.e. "department heads"... tho at the moment that would be indie, me, and roi..... that last part's just an idea.. anyways, what do u guys think???

that could also open the door to a modeling/scripting challenge type thing.. we could post a challenge in the general forum, and people could submit their work... we could vote on winners... etc....

lol i dunno, just some thoughts.
  • IndieIndie Moderator
    Ack! No organizational nightmares please, this is a mod, not a corporation. Lets keep it simple. ;) If he can script a scenario then that pretty much proves everything. Agreed with the ftp passwords. If need arises one can be given later. Its best to have an open door policy to encourage more people to join. If people want to pop-in, do a bit of scripting then leave shortly after, its fine and great IMO.
    ok ok ok..... if that's what u all want... i still say we're opening up to a security risk... people taking the dev forum and running with it so to speak... But whatever ;). i bow to your supreme authority oh great firstone of buda 5 :).
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by LogicSequence [/i]
    [B]ok ok ok..... if that's what u all want... i still say we're opening up to a security risk... people taking the dev forum and running with it so to speak... But whatever ;). i bow to your supreme authority oh great firstone of buda 5 :). [/B][/QUOTE]
    Oh Logic, just look in my eyes ... are you good? How do you feel yourself ... :D ;) *jk*

To become serious, I agree with your opinion that we should make stricter rules to give new members the rights to read in the dev forum and so on. But as far that we don't get much new I wouldn't
    Like we do it with Aurora is good ... have a look on his work and then decide if he takes the scripting "serious" and then we can give him access or not. Also we shouldn't be too strict. We only want to get to know if he's has a little bit knowledge and motivation of/for scripting. Poll could it make easier, but everyone of us should have the same rights.
  • Warlord IIWarlord II Earthforce Officer
    I helped Aurora to get started but I haven't seen his scenario so I suggest we see what he has done. And I agree no ftp rights immediately. Heck I waited them almost year (I checked from my email).
  • IndieIndie Moderator
    The more, the merrier... or whatever. :)

Well, did you check it out? I'd say he has all the basics covered and you learn by doing.