Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Get togethers

LecksterLeckster Earthforce Officer
Just kinda wondering im from Edmonton and wondering if there is somthing that is held around here or any other place in western canada for people thats enjoy babylon 5 star trek ect ect, going on? and if there is let a brother know where he can go sign up, and if there isnt i have no problem trying to work somthing out so we can all meet up, Also wouldnt be a bad idea to have a firstones renunion with everyone thats involved in posting and being apart of this great community.

other then thoses few ideas out im outta here

Laters All

Comments

• RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    Wow! Long time no see. Just posted to say hi, because I dont live in Canada. The idea of a reunion has been tossed around a few times, though...
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    You also have to remember that many of us are poor student bums, and are too poor to go anywhere. But I agree, a big get together would be uber.

And we would get to see what Biggles REALLY looks like ;-)
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Biggles could always wear a Darth Vader mask.

Worf
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I'm a student bum, but I'm no longer too poor to go anywhere. :)
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I'm all for a meet. But where?
    How about California... :D But in all reality, Im too poor/too young to be able to do a meet. Ask in 2 years and it might be feasable. :D
    We have 2 firstones right in Portland, Oregon allready :-)
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    London. 'tis a good place.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Taipei. In September.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Messiah [/i]
    [B]London. 'tis a good place. [/B][/QUOTE]

I could settle for a London venue, only 1hr and 45mins up the rail line for me, depending on such things as leaves on the track and stray cows... and people.

Yeah we could all meet outside Forbidden Planet (sci fi store) in Oxford Street. Heck if they knew the place was going to be swamped by B5 fans they'd probably get Bruce and Claudia to show up again ;)
  • TyvarTyvar Next best thing to a St. Bernard
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by croxis [/i]
    [B]You also have to remember that many of us are poor student bums, and are too poor to go anywhere. But I agree, a big get together would be uber.

And we would get to see what Biggles REALLY looks like ;-) [/B][/QUOTE]

and lazy dont forget lazy, hell we live in the same state and we havent met!
    [B]We have 2 firstones right in Portland, Oregon allready :-) [/B][/QUOTE]

good idea! :)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]Taipei. In September. [/B][/QUOTE]

anybody here speak chinese?
    Hey, I'll be around most of the summer, and I'll be at the Rose parade too =Þ
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B]I could settle for a London venue, only 1hr and 45mins up the rail line for me, depending on such things as leaves on the track and stray cows... and people.

Yeah we could all meet outside Forbidden Planet (sci fi store) in Oxford Street. Heck if they knew the place was going to be swamped by B5 fans they'd probably get Bruce and Claudia to show up again ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Count me in!

Worf
    [B]Hey, I'll be around most of the summer, and I'll be at the Rose parade too =Þ [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey, Ill be there too somewhere, so that puts us within what? 5 miles of each other, max, on sunday?
    Id love to do London........ except I can't afford even the ticket. Maybe I could swim.

Tyvar: The route is 5 miles longs, but because it is wrapped around we would be more like 3 miles apart (I know, i marched the bloody thing for 4 years....)
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    I vote Oakhurst, where it all began.
    That would be cool. Anyones house there I could stay at?
  • Mr.GaribaldiMr.Garibaldi Earthforce Officer
    hey Sanfam you still in WestNY? that would make two of us here. Too bad we have representatives in portland, california, england, etc...

i'm too busy working full time on a co-op all summer for anything :( thank god for message boards
    How about the moon? Its almost the saem distance away for all of us!
    LOL!
    I'm all for the moon

Anyhoo, I'm no longer in western NY.

I moved back to Long Island for the summer, but I'll return for three quarters in the fall
    Never know... Maybe in less than 20 years it will be possible.
    I say we meet on the space station in orbit of the third planet in the Epsilon Eridani system.

Worf
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    How about the International Space Station?? I hear their conference room rates aren't bad! ;) :D
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    I always figured that we would throw a type of star wars celebration for us firstones when the movie comes out.

Now wouldnt that be cool?
    Well, if I ever do a road trip, I'd be up for meeting you guys. And yes, I will do a road trip. it's really a question of when, though. It's something I must do in the next four or five years, though.
  • bobobobo (A monkey)
    Hmm, based on other threads, there seem to be several in Texas. Perhaps a visit to Houston of Dallas would be possible? Would make a midway point between East- and West-coasters, and both have international airports.

Both Dallas and Houston have faily large Cons come through; perhaps we could overlap with one of these, if anyone is serious about it.

Or what about a virtual con? Set up cameras in Finland, NZ, CA, TX, and maybe NY, then Striker can do some of that web magic to glom them all together.
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    its gotta be oakhurst, its the birthplace of this whole place :)