Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

B5 Sound effects

David of MacDavid of Mac Elite RangerCa
Does anyone know what the source was for the Babylon 5 sound effects? I know at least some of them are from some sort of collection.

How do I know?

I'm watching a DVD of Star Trek: Nemesis and have heard several B5 sounds. The sounds used for Starfury and Thunderbolt weapons seem rather popular. ;)

Comments

• BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    The door-opening-then-going-clunk sound has to be the most commonly used one on the planet. :)
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    Re: B5 Sound effects

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by David of Mac [/i]
    [B]Does anyone know what the source was for the Babylon 5 sound effects? I know at least some of them are from some sort of collection.

How do I know?

I'm watching a DVD of Star Trek: Nemesis and have heard several B5 sounds. The sounds used for Starfury and Thunderbolt weapons seem rather popular. ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm glad i'm not the only one who noticed that, Half way through nemesis i turned to my wife and said "Wow, there are an awful lot of B5 sound effects in here"
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Well, near as I can tell, it was just the group of sounds they used for Starfury PPGs. Sure, they used them for shipmounted disrupters, hand held disrupters, phaser rifles, and photon torpedos, along with another genaric energy blast sound.

Didn't hurt, though.