Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

FirstOnes.com needs your support!

SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
Well, as you know, I've taken the helm of FO.com. One of my responsibilities was to get an active method of payment up and running. Well, I got it. If you have Paypal, you can donate money to support the bandwidth costs of firstones. Right now, I have a $100 monthly fee, and a few excess bandwidth fees to pay up. I can probably pay on my own, but it'd be easier with your help.

So if you have paypal, and if you want to, please donate to firstones.com.
Donate@firstones.com is the target address. Thank you.

Comments

• eamonmcaeamonmca Earthforce Officer
    Love to help. Just a couple of things:
    Im in the UK.
    What on earth is paypal.
  • A Paypal is the dumb kid next door who knows his dad's credit card number and really is dumb enough to use it.

Seriously, what [b]is[/b] a Paypal?

------------------
    Life is full of surprises. The ones reserved for me usually come wearing brass knuckles.
  • shadow boxershadow boxer The Finger Painter & Master Ranter
    sigh....

and I seem to remember a certain someone saying something about putting money where a mouth was...
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    [quote]Originally posted by Data Crystal:
    [b]A Paypal is the dumb kid next door who knows his dad's credit card number and really is dumb enough to use it.

Seriously, what [b]is[/b] a Paypal?

[/B][/quote]

Paypal is a service to use and accept credit cards for payment online by anyone, without having to have a merchant service account.

------------------
    ..And so it Begins
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Go to Paypal.co.uk, you can sign up there. I've signed up, incase I need to buy anything from Ebay in the States. Saves £10 charge in the bank for a postal order. I haven't used it yet, but from what I hear it is quite smooth and hastle free.

------------------
    'The future is all around us' G'kar
    'I have no surviving enemies! None what so ever!' Galen

Visit my B5 site at: [url="http://www.nialb5.com"]B5 site[/url].
  • Message received and donation sent....Whatever I can do, I will....Keep up the great work.....
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Thank you so much, Zocalo! I was not expecting anything that high. This'll defniately cover the upcoming charge.
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    Sorry I can't help!!! [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/frown.gif[/img]
    I don't got a credit-card! [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/frown.gif[/img]

------------------
    Born from silence, silence full of it
    A perfekt concert my best friend
    So much to live for, so much to die for
    If only my heart had a home
    -Nightwish:Dead boy's Poem-
  • StrikerStriker Provided with distinction
    You can use your banking account too!
    Hmmm....maybe I should donate? What do y'all say? Think I should??

(The guys who know me will get the joke)
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    I doubt I will be able to help. I am only 14 and without a credit card. I will try, though.
    Striker: Donate a "Free Monthly Service" card!
    LOL Andrew.....I can't just "write off" $100.00 in a month. Every dollar I get right now goes to the company. I don't even get a paycheck yet! [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/smile.gif[/img]
  • eamonmcaeamonmca Earthforce Officer
    If paypal start accepting debit cards let me know.
    Other than that, do you accept cheques?
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I'll get right on it as soon as I get some money... should be getting some soon I hope. [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/smile.gif[/img]
    In the mean time, where are those shirts?

------------------
    [b][url="http://www.minbari.co.uk/log12.2263/"]Required reading[/url][/b]
    Never eat anything bigger than your own head.
    The Balance provides. The Balance protects.

"Nonono...Is not [i]Great[/i] Machine. Is...[i]Not[/i]-so-Great Machine. It make good snow cone though." - Zathras
  • [quote]Originally posted by Biggles:
    [b]In the mean time, where are those shirts?

[/b][/quote]

Now THATS a good idea!!!!, Didn't you guys try to figure that out a while back???
    why the **** do you think I wanted that render to base some artwork on huh ?

I want to screen print some ****ed T shirts...

sheesh.... get to with your software fellas...

I cant do **** till I have some reference.

Admin: Shadow Boxer, please curb your language a bit.

[This message has been edited by Biggles (edited 09-16-2001).]
    most likely, the image to be used was Reaperman's omega/omega/nebula shot.
    eamonmca: I believe they already do. I personally have no problem with any other form of money, but eCash is preferred right now due to pure simplicity.
  • [quote]Originally posted by Entil'Zha:
    [b] Paypal is a service to use and accept credit cards for payment online by anyone, without having to have a merchant service account.

[/b][/quote]

Ahh... Thanks, got it.

------------------
    Life is full of surprises. The ones reserved for me usually come wearing brass knuckles.
    It's damn useful.

Sanfam: It may be beneficial to set up an Amazon one as well. They may take more off, but people may trust them more.

------------------

"Nonono...Is not [i]Great[/i] Machine. Is...[i]Not[/i]-so-Great Machine. It make good snow cone though." - Zathras
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    I don't have money atm, but I've bought five books at amazon through Firstones.com....thats my donation atm
    [quote]Originally posted by Biggles:
    [b]It's damn useful.

Sanfam: It may be beneficial to set up an Amazon one as well. They may take more off, but people may trust them more.

[/b][/quote]

Would, but I need to get a few things up. Mainly, a credit/debit card to put money in. (They require it)
    geez... and I thought you guys liked freedom of speech... I swear like a sailor when I am at sea if you know what I mean.

I swear when it is appropriate... censor me as much as you like. I have my own ethics, my own code, if you feel it necessary by all means... but one thing I wont do is censor myself.
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    [quote]Originally posted by shadow boxer:
    [b]geez... and I thought you guys liked freedom of speech... I swear like a sailor when I am at sea if you know what I mean.

I swear when it is appropriate... censor me as much as you like. I have my own ethics, my own code, if you feel it necessary by all means... but one thing I wont do is censor myself.[/b][/quote]

Check out the Homeworld forum. It was big time censored during the recent attacks.
  • samuelksamuelk The Unstoppable Mr. 'K'
    [b]geez... and I thought you guys liked freedom of speech... I swear like a sailor when I am at sea if you know what I mean.

I swear when it is appropriate... censor me as much as you like. I have my own ethics, my own code, if you feel it necessary by all means... but one thing I wont do is censor myself.[/b][/quote]

Freedome of speech is all well and good, but your'e posting on a privately run message board, and are subject to its rules and regulations.

From the registration agreement:

[quote]You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.[/quote]

They're usually pretty lenient about that rule...but when profanity is directed at a particular person or people in the duscussion, it's just not appropriate.

If you're asked to curb your language by someone, you should usually do it out of respect. If you don't, it shows a lack of respect.

[This message has been edited by samuelk (edited 09-16-2001).]
  • RickRick Sector 14 Studios
    [b]why the **** do you think I wanted that render to base some artwork on huh ?

I want to screen print some ****ed T shirts...

sheesh.... get to with your software fellas...

I cant do **** till I have some reference.

Admin: Shadow Boxer, please curb your language a bit.

[This message has been edited by Biggles (edited 09-16-2001).][/b][/quote]

SB--

I've said it in e-mails, and I'll say it here, now.

[b]you cannot use B5 IP to make money, even for a non-profit cause, without the express written permission of AOL-Time-Warner.[/b]

Please listen. The last thing Sanfam needs is a lawsuit around his neck for running a hobby-site.

-R.

------------------
    [i]"...In the end it would hold because what is built endures. And what is loved endures.
    And Babylon 5...Babylon 5 endures."[/i] -- Delenn in the Babylon 5 episode [i]Rising Star[/i]
    And that is the main reason for using the S14S logo. [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/smile.gif[/img] And the fact that it looks cool.

------------------

Right now, The only thing that would be on shirts would be things validated as non-infringing on Sierra/AOL-TW IP. Right now, most things are. This country has limits. You can't simply do everything you want. It doesn't work like that.
    Computer generated art isn't infringing on anyone's IP.