Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

TBP 2.0 is out!!!!

Alpha-1Alpha-1 Elite RangerGermany
check the news.:)

if you have questions. go to the tbp formum and ask or ask me and i will help if i can :)

have fun with this great release

Comments

• RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    Also downloading now...
  • Mr. FuryMr. Fury Earthforce Officer
    Please see this [URL=http://www.volitionwatch.com/vwbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8852]thread[/URL] for additional R2 information.
  • PSI-KILLERPSI-KILLER Needs help
    Amazing mod

I feel like taking a whole week off to keep playing it but my eyes are are allready bugging out from all Mothers day Fury flying!!!
    Yes, very nice. Although I think I will wait for the patch to come out that fixes up the campain a little. I want to know its my ignorance that I cant do things as opposed to a bug. :D
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    [b]Its about fuckin' time![/b] :D

Seriously though, downloading now.

Edit: 200MB?! Holy shit batman! I think I'll wait for the upgrade files thank you very much.....
    Well i know nothing about code or the patiance to deal with it .. but even with the flaws it is amaazing.. flying near a jump point at full volume is amazing
  • Mr.GaribaldiMr.Garibaldi Earthforce Officer
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!

Oh man I just played the 1st mission... I am blown away!! You guys have done a great job recreating the B5 universe in both form and sound. Im not sure if others had bugs in the 1st mission but I had no problems... maybe I didnt notice any being too overwhelmed by the eye candy!

Thanks for creating even just one mission... its a hell of a ride ;)
  • Mr.GaribaldiMr.Garibaldi Earthforce Officer
    I can't wait to play the other missions after work tomorrow!!
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    Damn, where's my Joystick now.......
    Yea, I wish I had a joystick. Playing it with a mouse and keyboard is a bitch.
  • Mr. FuryMr. Fury Earthforce Officer
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vertigo1 [/i]
    [B]
    Edit: 200MB?! Holy shit batman! I think I'll wait for the upgrade files thank you very much..... [/B][/QUOTE]

[URL=http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/alliance/TBP-1_1-to-2_0.exe?download]TBP 1.1 to 2.0 patch[/URL]
    The patch is 81.1 MB, but there is a high possibility that it won't work, and then you have downloaded 81 MB for nothing. So I recommend you to get Full or Core in a way or another.

A friend who could download it for you? Or can you download it in a library or school?

Alternatively you can download just the Core, which includes everything you need to play R2. Size is 108 MB, not much bigger than the patch, but it works. You can download music later if you want, anims pack is the most useless pack at the moment.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    if only I had the game :-(
    Lucky for you you dont need the game. :D Download the TBP Base 1.4 as well as the Babylon project full 2.0 and you have a fully working game. Plus, if you want, you can always download Freespace 2 (it went on the Underdogs a while ago).
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mr. Fury [/i]
    [B]A friend who could download it for you? Or can you download it in a library or school?[/B][/QUOTE]

Thing is, I've already graduated so I can't just drop by in the lab and steal bandwith. ;)
    I hereby grant you permission to do just that.
    Those Omegas are amazing!!!!!!! Spinning sections are cool!!!! My god I can't belive this!!!!!
  • It almost makes you forget about Into The Fire (R.I.P :( )..............

Can anyone solve this problem for me:

Someone lent me freespace 2 ages ago so I downloaded a crack so that i could play it without the pc.......

BUT after downloading the B5 mod, it won't let me use the B5campaigns without the cd!

So near and yet so far.........................:mad:
  • Alpha-1Alpha-1 Elite Ranger Germany
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by No hiding place [/i]
    [B]It almost makes you forget about Into The Fire (R.I.P :( )..............

Can anyone solve this problem for me:

Someone lent me freespace 2 ages ago so I downloaded a crack so that i could play it without the pc.......

BUT after downloading the B5 mod, it won't let me use the B5campaigns without the cd!

So near and yet so far.........................:mad: [/B][/QUOTE]

because tbp came with an own exe file. you have to replece the tbp exe with your own exe file
  • Cheers for the advice, but i think i have messed up the file so much that I'll need to buy Freespace myself like the law abiding citizen I am
  • Alpha-1Alpha-1 Elite Ranger Germany
    [B]Cheers for the advice, but i think i have messed up the file so much that I'll need to buy Freespace myself like the law abiding citizen I am [/B][/QUOTE]

btw. if you use the "FS2_OPEM" Exe you doesn't need a cd to play. these exe is a little buggy anc crashes when you play missions with the olympus corvette. try this older exe. that does not crash with the olympus in missions.

[url]http://fs2source.warpcore.org/exes/fs2_open_3.4.zip[/url]
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PSI-KILLER [/i]
    [B]Those Omegas are amazing!!!!!!! Spinning sections are cool!!!! My god I can't belive this!!!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

You think that's good? Make your own mission in Fred2. It also has the Omega-X's! :D I was goofing around and put two of them against a Minbari station + two wings of nials. :D I had a single Sharlin as a reserve unit just incase the station couldn't handle it. The station was down to 8% on its hull afterwards.

I also discovered something that I thought was amusing. If you blow up the Omega-X's engines, the lens flare is still there even though the engines are gone. :D The model still moves too!
    [B]Cheers for the advice, but i think i have messed up the file so much that I'll need to buy Freespace myself like the law abiding citizen I am [/B][/QUOTE]

Good luck finding it in stores. I've been keeping an eye out for it for people such as yourself. So far, I have yet to find a single local retailer selling the second game. I did however spot one copy of the original Freespace + Silent Threat jewel pack at the local Office Depot. I don't know if its still there though since it was about a month since my last visit.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Found it:

[URL=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00002EPYV/qid=1053512372/sr=-1/ref=sr__1_etk-vg/102-7373517-1244919?v=glance&s=videogames&n=468642]Amazon.com[/URL]

A bit pricey though.... $57.50... I payed £20 Uk price for the 1st and 2nd game in a combo box which would be about $30 US I think.

Hope that helps....
  • Whitestar 15Whitestar 15 Earthforce Officer
    I had it, sold it, saw the Release 2 of the B5 mod and bought it back again specially...that pack you are talking about is now very rare in the UK...I was watching one on eBay and it went for more than £50! The copy I have now I got for £9.00 (well, it's arriving soon hopefully) is German but I'm hoping my limited German skills will be able to install it and the patch...and after that, with the mod downloaded, it should run in English as the game engine should be the same. Fingers crossed.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    £50??? Geez what a rip off! Mine is locked away in my old office in a desk cabinet... can't get to it at the moment as I had to hand my key over since I don't use the office any more and I'm waiting for the porters to deliver the cabinet to my new office... and I need to get a joystick... last time I played I had to use the mouse and those Nial's just whopped me big time!
  • I'm sure i've heard about something about tbp 1.4. Apparentley it lets you run the mod without the game or something......

Am I right? If so can I have the link? If not, then tell me to shut up:(
    [B]I'm sure i've heard about something about tbp 1.4. Apparentley it lets you run the mod without the game or something......

Am I right? If so can I have the link? If not, then tell me to shut up:( [/B][/QUOTE]

Shut up! :D

Its on their website in the downloads section.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B]Found it:

[URL=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00002EPYV/qid=1053512372/sr=-1/ref=sr__1_etk-vg/102-7373517-1244919?v=glance&s=videogames&n=468642]Amazon.com[/URL]

A bit pricey though.... $57.50... I payed £20 Uk price for the 1st and 2nd game in a combo box which would be about $30 US I think.

Hope that helps.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Jesus Fisting Christ! You could buy atleast 5 copies for that price! I paid that much for it two years ago!
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vertigo1 [/i]
    [B]Jesus Fisting Christ! [/B][/QUOTE]

That can be taken VERY wrong.......
    Ok- lets not take that any further, please. Thanks/