Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

The Presidents Speech

2»

Comments

• PyreMancerPyreMancer Earthforce Officer
    Not quite. We did occupy Japan after WWII with much the same intentions, and, obviously, we did a lot of good. McArthur was a hero fo administering democracy and removing the old order. In time, Japan became a powerful ally and will not fall prey to the powerful dictatorships that had caused problems before. This is definitely the way to go, as punishing them would have led to a Hitler phenomenon, just as it happened in WWII after we crushed Germany at the end of WWI. Still, Japan was impoverished and crumbling by the time we got there, and, in many ways. we are going to have to effectively leave their government to cripple its own nation to open the population up to a more global community. Hunger is useful, in the ugliest, crassest terms, and as Osama Bin Laden can use it to recruit, we can use it to open up that part of the world to change, freedom, and liberty. There isn't much that will remove the years of indoctrination that their culture on as a whole has experienced, but crushing there government in a fairly fought war and then occupying their country as a temporary mandate to allow us to rebuild their crumbling nation would work. The situation does have its difference from Japan, but it is largely the same. I'd write more, but I have stuff and things to do for school.

Yes, I do watch too much Histroy Channel. [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/biggrin.gif[/img]

Oh, yes, I'm back. That, too. [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/smile.gif[/img]

------------------
    "I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith, I am nothing."
    "But," says Man, "the Babel Fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED."
    "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
    "Oh, that was nothing," says Man, and for an encore, goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed at the next zebra crossing.