Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

S1 R2 2nd disc to be redone

WB have final admitted there is a fault in 'and the sky was full of stars' and are now repressing this disc.

Comments

• Ranger BrianRanger Brian The Anti-Scrooge
    So how do you get hold of one?

Will the replace the duff discs that we've all got, or will it only be available in new copies?
  • OMG!!, yes!!
    where did you get this news from?
    will R4 also be redone?
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I never noticed a problem with mine...

Worf
  • cornholio1980cornholio1980 Earthforce Officer
    Would be cool, but I won't believe it until I have the improved DVD in my hands...

FAITH MANAGES
    cornholio1980
  • To give credit where it is due all this was achieved by a chap called 8-] on [url]www.thedvdforums.com[/url]

"For the UK to obtain a replacement copy send their existing copy together with full contact address details for the attention of: "

Steven Hill
    Warner Home Video
    Warner House
    98 Theobald's Road
    London
    WC1X 8WB
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Why? What's wrong with it?
  • cornholio1980cornholio1980 Earthforce Officer
    Hmm... does anyone know anything about Germany? Are they also going to change the DVD's, is it possible for me to send my disc to GB in order to get the correct version, or do we get fucked again?

@Biggles: All the CGI-scenes in the episode "And the sky full of stars" were stretched from 4:3 to 16:9-format, instead of cutting away stuff from the top and the bottom of the screen. Because of that, in some scenes Sinclair and others look like their from the planet of the Egg-heads.

FAITH MANAGES
    Cornholio
  • OMG you don't know

OK, here is a link to a site that explains it all - with pictures :)

The error affect both R2 and R4 releases
    The R1 release was fine

[URL=http://home.iae.nl/users/starcat/b5atsfos/index.html]http://home.iae.nl/users/starcat/b5atsfos/index.html[/URL]
  • whitestar90whitestar90 Elite Ranger
    I did noticed but thought nothing of it.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by cornholio1980 [/i]
    [B]@Biggles: All the CGI-scenes in the episode "And the sky full of stars" were stretched from 4:3 to 16:9-format, instead of cutting away stuff from the top and the bottom of the screen. Because of that, in some scenes Sinclair and others look like their from the planet of the Egg-heads.

FAITH MANAGES
    Cornholio [/B][/QUOTE]

mmmmm Planet of the Eggheads.. Nice. Wonder how that would look on my widescreen TV...
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    All hail 8-]
  • Mr. FuryMr. Fury Earthforce Officer
    I wonder how easily you can get the discs replaced which are bought from Germany. And I live in Finland... :rolleyes:

Bleh... it's not worth the trouble I reckon...
  • LorienLorien The First One
    hmm i ordered my set from the UK (online blackstar.co.uk).. i am not sure i like the idea of having to send one disk back and trust them and the post offices in both countries to make sure i get the good one back. too risky.. not sure its worth the trouble to be honest

thoughts anyeone else?
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    I tend to agree. If it doesnt bother you that much, dont risk losing the disk in the mail.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lorien [/i]
    [B]hmm i ordered my set from the UK (online blackstar.co.uk).. i am not sure i like the idea of having to send one disk back and trust them and the post offices in both countries to make sure i get the good one back. too risky.. not sure its worth the trouble to be honest

thoughts anyeone else? [/B][/QUOTE]

Well since I managed to watch the whole episode among all the other episodes without even noticing a problem, I'm not going to bother. :)
  • eamonmcaeamonmca Earthforce Officer
    Remember:
    It's their responsibility if it gets lost or damaged on the return journey. You only need to send it insured/recorded once. And even if the disk gets broken in transit, they can verify that the disc was returned (since they have to destroy all the faulty disks anyway).

See if your post office will give you a receipt for the fact that there was an unbroken B5 disc in there (you'll need to seal the package in front of them) when you sent it, and in the event of it being lost or damaged - you have sufficient evidence to:
    - extract money from the post office for incompetence.
    - prove you sent the disc in good order, and get your replacement.
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lorien [/i]
    [B]hmm i ordered my set from the UK (online blackstar.co.uk).. i am not sure i like the idea of having to send one disk back and trust them and the post offices in both countries to make sure i get the good one back. too risky..[/B][/QUOTE]
    I agree.

BTW
    Does anyone of you know e-mail address of Warner Bros UK?
    I bought Season 1 UK-box here in Finland and somehow Warner has managed to include GERMAN "episode booklet" in that UK-box!