Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

ATTENTION: ALL USERS.

I'm just going to quote TBS here, he said it best:

[quote]Originally posted by theblessedsheridan:
[b]Laides and Gentlemen.

With regard to the recent atrosities in america.

Working in elements of bungles post here aswell.....

Now we are all upset deeply saddened and evidently outraged at the recent incidents. And I think we all agree that what was done was simply hateful, mindless and blind terror. (If you don't agree with this please have it in you to keep quiet on this forum, you will only agrovate the situation).
Should you wish to offer your condolences and hopes to those affected by this situation please do it in one of the threads availible in almost every forum here.
If you want to post up any problems this terrible event has caused you (eg hospitlazation of loved ones) the go ahead and post. We are with you, and will be here to console, Listen, Wait, Hope, and for those of you that belive, pray with you.

But please remember that what caused this in the first place was blind hate, nothing more than blind hatered seemingly against the US as an enity or idea. I think this is the clearest demonstration of where hate gets us. So I implore you all no matter how angry you are, no matter how upset and distruibed you are,do not hate, and should you have to hate for a while at least, do not express that hate on this forum. As bungle has said, use that anger, focus it, use it to help those in need.
This is not the place, nor the time to hate or condemn "suspects" and certianly not whole groups of people. Right now, to my knowledge it is not know who is responsible, when the person or persons are found. I know I for one will not feel hate, just a deep sense of sadness that this person(s) could be so deeply misguided and distruibed to go after civilain targets.

So please, offer your support, and seek it, but leave the anger at home.

- Paul Hill[/b][/quote]

Wise words, please heed them.

------------------
[b]whitestar90: [/b]"it would give the computer a heartattack just looking at it" -
[b]Sanfam: [/b]"And Drazi didn't like it one bit.-
[b]Mr.Bungle: [/b][i]"So that's where the forum went..."[/i]-
---
[b][i]ahhh, the good old days of HTML.[/i][/b]

Comments

• FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    Here, Here.
  • RandyRandy Master Storyteller
    Well said, and thank you.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Don't forget what B5 has taught us. Especially not now.

------------------
    [b][url="http://www.minbari.co.uk/log12.2263/"]Required reading[/url][/b]
    Never eat anything bigger than your own head.
    The Balance provides. The Balance protects.

"Nonono...Is not [i]Great[/i] Machine. Is...[i]Not[/i]-so-Great Machine. It make good snow cone though." - Zathras
  • I think now more then ever my sig is relevent

------------------
    "Ambassador we all know that the first casulty of war is the truth."
    -John Sheridan
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Inspiring words...
  • Venom06Venom06 Earthforce Officer
    Blood calls out for blood.
  • To Venom06 and all others who feel the same way: [i]Please[/i] read what I have said in the thread with the same title in the Zocalo. This is [i]not[/i] the time to let our feelings run amok; doing so is precisely what got us (the U.S.) into the Spanish-American War, and the decision to react without confirming facts led to our involvement in Vietnam (my father spent three tours there and is suffering severe effects from exposure to Agent Orange; needless to say, my feelings regarding this are quite strong).

Rest assured, those who are responsible [i]will[/i] eventually be brought to justice and [i]will[/i] feel the full fury of America's wrath; we must [i]not[/i], however, allow that wrath to cause us to commit acts that we will regret and/or will waste lives needlessly.
  • Wow this was justed link to me. I could sue you all for purgery u know [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/tongue.gif[/img]

[quote]Originally posted by Venom06:
    [b]Blood calls out for blood. [/b][/quote]

Remember what B5 taught us about that......? ended up close to genocide.
  • I belive you cannot, as I said it was a quote, and you didn't copywrite it. [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/smile.gif[/img] it was something the needed to be said. and you put it in words better then I could. [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/smile.gif[/img]

------------------
    [b]whitestar90: [/b]"it would give the computer a heartattack just looking at it" -
    [b]Sanfam: [/b]"And Drazi didn't like it one bit.-
    [b]Mr.Bungle: [/b][i]"So that's where the forum went..."[/i]-
    ---
    [b][i]ahhh, the good old days of HTML.[/i][/b]
  • RandyRandy Master Storyteller
    [quote]Originally posted by An ex-Squid:
    [b]To Venom06 and all others who feel the same way: [i]Please[/i] read what I have said in the thread with the same title in the Zocalo. This is [i]not[/i] the time to let our feelings run amok; doing so is precisely what got us (the U.S.) into the Spanish-American War, and the decision to react without confirming facts led to our involvement in Vietnam (my father spent three tours there and is suffering severe effects from exposure to Agent Orange; needless to say, my feelings regarding this are quite strong).

Rest assured, those who are responsible [i]will[/i] eventually be brought to justice and [i]will[/i] feel the full fury of America's wrath; we must [i]not[/i], however, allow that wrath to cause us to commit acts that we will regret and/or will waste lives needlessly.[/b][/quote]

Well said, my friend. Thank you. As a child of the Cold War, and a Viet Nam era Vet I very much appreciate what you've said.
  • You're quite welcome, Randy. [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/smile.gif[/img]

------------------
    May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the groin and armpits of the idiot(s) who created the concept of "political correctness."

Just another stubborn Naval Reservist...