Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Price change for B5 Season 2 DVD

Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
I've just been to Play.com's website and was very very surprised to see that they've increased the price for the Region 2 Season 2 dvd boxset. Its now £42.99! I pre-ordered mine when they listed it first for £33.99, same price as region 2. So just aswell I did. Maybe they'll drop the price closer to the release date but I've never seen Play raise a price like that. Region 1 price is £51.99. Btw this is UK pricing. (Oh and since I pre-ordered mine, the price is still the same, £33.99).

Comments

• StrikerStriker Provided with distinction
    It could have been an introductory price then they raised it to the normal one.
  • JamboJambo Scriptkiddie
    Re: Price change for B5 Season 2 DVD

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B]I've just been to Play.com's website and was very very surprised to see that they've increased the price for the Region 2 Season 2 dvd boxset. Its now £42.99! I pre-ordered mine when they listed it first for £33.99, same price as region 2. So just aswell I did. Maybe they'll drop the price closer to the release date but I've never seen Play raise a price like that. Region 1 price is £51.99. Btw this is UK pricing. (Oh and since I pre-ordered mine, the price is still the same, £33.99). [/B][/QUOTE]

You bastard :mad:
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Could be Striker. When they listed the Season 1 boxset they priced it at around 0„559.99 when WB were recommending about 0„563 or there abouts, along the lines of the Buffy/Angel boxset prices. They then dropped it to about 0„545 a few week later... and finally dropped it to 0„533.99. So they might do it again. Unlike other sites, if they drop the price and you've already pre-ordered, you still pay the original price that you pre-ordered at. So it pays to check back every now and then.
  • That brings up an interesting topic. When I order DVD's, I always order region 1 because (shipping included) it is always the cheapest for me. But for a single expensive order, shipping would be less of a factor, and since I watch all my DVD's on my computer and can easily download hacked firmware allowing all-region viewing, that gets me wondering. What are the different prices for each region, and what are some good places for ordering stuff besides region 1?
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    Re: Price change for B5 Season 2 DVD

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B]I've just been to Play.com's website and was very very surprised to see that they've increased the price for the Region 2 Season 2 dvd boxset. Its now £42.99! I pre-ordered mine when they listed it first for £33.99, same price as region 2. So just aswell I did. Maybe they'll drop the price closer to the release date but I've never seen Play raise a price like that. Region 1 price is £51.99. Btw this is UK pricing. (Oh and since I pre-ordered mine, the price is still the same, £33.99). [/B][/QUOTE]

I can't wait for season 2, i watched some of S1 on my new HDTV with a progressive scan DVD player. Looks prettty spiffy.
  • Could be the wonderful laws of supply and demand. :eek: