Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

So what will happen to the economy?

FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
I hope everyone keeps there head about them and keeps the economy going.

A local DJ had a great idea that everyone whos able should on the first day the markets are open, buy as much stock as they are able to. If the first day of the markets start out high, it would go a long ways to propping up the US economy and consumer confidence

Comments

• BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    The world markets are already rebounding, which is good to see.

------------------
    [b][url="http://www.minbari.co.uk/log12.2263/"]Required reading[/url][/b]
    Never eat anything bigger than your own head.
    The Balance provides. The Balance protects.

"Nonono...Is not [i]Great[/i] Machine. Is...[i]Not[/i]-so-Great Machine. It make good snow cone though." - Zathras
  • RickRick Sector 14 Studios
    I'd rather not trivialize the tragedy by worrying about the value of my portfolio.

That aside, having a large block of people buy stocks on one day won't keep market value high; only sustained patterns will make the economy grow.

History has always shown that War escalates the value of an economy, because of the heavy industrial efforts behind an economy to fuel a fight.

There's no way to say what this type of conflict will do, however. This is a new type of War with a new type of enemy. Gone are the battles between open, measurable forces; this is shadow warfare...a war against chaos.

It's my greatest hope that the nations of the world maintain the resolve shown over the last few days, that together we will push back the darkness of chaos and terror, and those who would support it.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    We need to keep together for much longer than the couple of weeks after this thing. The world needs to come together and stay that way for as long as it takes to remove people who will do this sort of thing.

------------------
    [b][url="http://www.minbari.co.uk/log12.2263/"]Required reading[/url][/b]
    Never eat anything bigger than your own head.
    The Balance provides. The Balance protects.

"Nonono...Is not [i]Great[/i] Machine. Is...[i]Not[/i]-so-Great Machine. It make good snow cone though." - Zathras
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I think things will go well. It's being handled so well by the rest of the country now.