Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

didnt get to see B5LoR because i live in canada!

LecksterLeckster Earthforce Officer
Well, sadly i didnt get to see B5Lot yet! becasue i live in canada and Space has not yet got the rights to view it and i doubt they will anytimes soon [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/frown.gif[/img]

so i am asking a huge favor from someone could you please send me a copy of B5Lot? i will pay you for cost of tape and shipping and handling and alittle for your "services" im sorry but as i live in canada i will have to pay you in canadian money so if your intrested email me at
adamleckie@hotmail.com

thanks
Later Adam

Comments

• I have it up on Kazaa if you really want it.
  • Unfortunatly you didn't miss much.
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    [quote]Originally posted by Lennier:
    [b]Unfortunatly you didn't miss much.[/b][/quote]

I beg to differ! Legend of the Rangers was outstanding compared to the others (cept for In the Beginning)!

------------------
    [url="http://www.3dap.com/hlp"][b]Hard Light Productions[/b][/url] - [i]Our last best hope for Freespace[/i]

"Isn't the universe a wonderful place? I wouldn't want to live anywhere else! Love to stay! Can't! Have to go. Kiss kiss, love love! Bye!" - G'Kar
  • Though In The Beginning wasn't a Pilot - so it had an advantage
  • LecksterLeckster Earthforce Officer
    I just want to see it, i am running a 56k it would take me 30 hours to dl the full video! arg! and no one i know has asdl or cable!!!
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Well then, I suggest you take up a few lessons in patience [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/smile.gif[/img]
  • I would have to agree with Lennier that Legend of the rangers is unfortunately one of the worst movies i've ever seen. First what was with that chick in that antigrab pod and kicking and punching energy bolts???!?!?!?!? that was one of the most retarded things i've seen in my life!! Don't get me wrong i'm a big fan of b5 but that was just inconceivably dumb. What was JMS thinking? is he catering this show to children now? BTW I live in Canada too so I had to download the 600meg Divx rip off alt.binaries.multimedia.babylon5. Luckily i'm on cable so it only took about 45 minutes to download.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Akira (edited 01-26-2002).]
  • I don't agree with you at all!

We already saw in B5 how the Mimbari can see 360 degrees in every direction. However, we never saw how their gunners work. I don't see any better way than to interface directly with the ship and translate the direct movement of the gunner to ship commands.

Honnestly, I like the movie a lot and I hope that it will be picked up as a series.

I dowloaded the VCD version of the movie, since I also live in Canada. It rocks! I can watch it on my TV and my home theater system. Well worth the week of pain for the 900 Mb on IRC... The servers kept timing out on me.

Nothing's perfect in this world...

[quote]Originally posted by Akira:
    [b]I would have to agree with Lennier that Legend of the rangers is unfortunately one of the worst movies i've ever seen. First what was with that chick in that antigrab pod and kicking and punching energy bolts???!?!?!?!? that was one of the most retarded things i've seen in my life!! Don't get me wrong i'm a big fan of b5 but that was just inconceivably dumb. What was JMS thinking? is he catering this show to children now? BTW I live in Canada too so I had to download the 600meg Divx rip off alt.binaries.multimedia.babylon5. Luckily i'm on cable so it only took about 45 minutes to download.

[/b][/quote]
  • [quote]Originally posted by Akira:
    [b]I would have to agree with Lennier that Legend of the rangers is unfortunately one of the worst movies i've ever seen. First what was with that chick in that antigrab pod and kicking and punching energy bolts???!?!?!?!? that was one of the most retarded things i've seen in my life!! Don't get me wrong i'm a big fan of b5 but that was just inconceivably dumb. What was JMS thinking? is he catering this show to children now? BTW I live in Canada too so I had to download the 600meg Divx rip off alt.binaries.multimedia.babylon5. Luckily i'm on cable so it only took about 45 minutes to download.

[/b][/quote]

OMG Thank you Akira, I've been wondering if I was the only person here to absolutely hate it, and not just for that retarted pod.
  • I respect anyones opinion about anything, and more specifically, about Legend of the Rangers, but I have no respect when you make a statement without any information.

A informed critic and a critic are two entirely different things.

So far, I've seen alot of people who have complained about the Gunnery Pod, however, only a few have actually said why and what they though should be done instead. So, call it "retarded" or whatever you will, but your doing nobody a favor (JMS included) if you don't tell them why you didn't like it.

I liked the gunnery pod because it makes one of the characters "physically" part of the space battle. Thats a really neat concept and JMS had the guts to try something new. Sometimes it works and people like it and sometimes it doesn't. I, and many other fans, think that Farscape is also an example of good sci-fi. They took ALOT of risks (mostly alien crew, organic ship, some strange and innovative in some places from week to week) on that show to make it work and its become a succesful show.

JMS did the same thing, not with the same ideas, but with new ideas.

The one part I didn't like with the gunnery pod was with the minefield. That took it too far and it didn't translate well at that point.

So, make your opinion informed.
  • Well and truly spoken [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/smile.gif[/img]
  • Thank you [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/smile.gif[/img]