Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

The Hand?!?!? (spoilers)

These guys are supposed to be more powerful than the shadows and the vorlons??? And they were never mentioned until now?? It just doesn't really fit. Sound like "bigger, badder, new enemy syndrome"

The new captain was pretty cool. I wish they had captain Gideon from Crusade...he was a damn good character.

Comments

• samuelksamuelk The Unstoppable Mr. 'K'
    The universe is a big place.

Think about it this way: The Hand are more powerful than the Shadows and Vorlons. Maybe The Hand never saw the Shadows and Vorlons as a threat because they were too preoccupied with trying to prove each other right.

But now here comes the Interstellar Alliance, which, for all intents and purposes, defeated BOTH the shadows AND the Vorlons together.

I would think The Hand might be a little nervous.
  • I guess I just miss the Excalibur and her captain. I think the episodes that TNT didn't screw were great...it was really going somewhere. Maybe if this fails, they'll bring Crusade back. It was some of the highest ratings on SciFi Channel. Ah crap...it probably will never happen.
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    See, they were in that other dimention at the time. They found a way out and emerged quietly, like the shadows did before the last war broke out. Now the word it out about them and now there's nothing holding them back.

------------------
    [url="http://www.3dap.com/hlp"][b]Hard Light Productions[/b][/url] - [i]Our last best hope for Freespace[/i]

"Isn't the universe a wonderful place? I wouldn't want to live anywhere else! Love to stay! Can't! Have to go. Kiss kiss, love love! Bye!" - G'Kar
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Put it this way, if you were a very powerful, sneaky enemy, you would wait until your foes had weaken and oblitorated themselves, and then move in... the Vorlons and the Shadows did this to an extent, with the Alliance stuck in the middle. Now with the Shadows and the Vorlons out of the way, the Hand can start to creep out, but since those archaeologists (gotta love them really!) find that city on Beta Durani 7, they're scared. So my guess is that the Hand have been playing the waiting game much longer than the Shadows or Vorlons... and from the sounds of it, their legend goes back even further, hence information on them was more scarce.

------------------
    'The future is all around us' G'kar
    'I have no surviving enemies! None what so ever!' Galen

Visit my B5 site at: [url="http://www.nialb5.com"]B5 site[/url].
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    Think I found something of interest in the Centauri Trilogy book3,about the meaning of "the hand"
    Taken from the book,page 26:

On one occasion,Sheridan has referred to G'Kar as "the king's hand" ......"Ancient kings had men known as their hands",Sheridan had explained to her."They would go out into the field and do the dirty work.The things that the king could not,or would not,get involved in.The hand was the most thrustworthy and dependable of the knights"

--
    Do JMS mean that "The hand" is operating on behalf of someone else?? Doing theire masters dirty work? But who is then "The hand"'s masters? I believe that maybe the Firstones was theire masters,and that they did something which forced the Firstones to ban them from the galaxy,maybe they where tired doing what theire masters wanted,and now that they are gong,they want to be masters themselves.
  • If the Lurkers Guide is right, technically they are "The Hand of God";

In other words, they do God's work. Kinda like the Shadows and Vorlons. Though this race sounds far more arrogant.

(Remember in Third Space, the Vorlons built a communications array to "Speak to God")?
  • Actually, I find it interesting that, most people (excluding that last posts here) concentrate on "The Hand". You wouldn't do this in respect to a person's hand. I wonder what 'person' that 'hand' belongs to, and what tool that 'hand' is used as.

I am much more interested to look those people in the eye and learn to know their minds.

------------------
    We are one. No matter the blood, no matter the skin, no matter the world, no matter the star. .. We are one.
    No matter the pain, no matter the darkness, no matter the loss, no matter the fear. .. We are one.
    - Alliance Preamble to the Declaration of Principles, The Paragon of Animals
    Webmaster [url="http://www.Sprungtor.de"]www.Sprungtor.de[/url]