Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

ITT: The Doctor shooting a gun

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnPUF8an-XE[/url]

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that that was the one thing in the trailer all the youtube commenters seized upon.

[url=http://xkcd.com/202/]Obligatory XKCD reference[/url].

Comments

• WORFWORF The Burninator
    Heh, some people will use any excuse to hate Matt Smith.

Waiting to see how he is in the first episode before judging.
  • I didn't think it was so much them hating Matt Smith as a bunch of young naive Brits brainwashed to hate guns.
    Hey now.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I object! I like guns as much as the next nutter! Tho obviously not as much as Tyvar!
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    That looks like a starting pistol to me, so the Doctor isn't even firing a real gun.
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    [QUOTE=Vertigo_1;187138]
    [url=http://xkcd.com/202/]Obligatory XKCD reference[/url].[/QUOTE]

Heh, it appears the only commentors worse than You Tube are those that comment on local news stories on a metro newspaper website. They seem to work on three basic assumptions:

[LIST=1]
    [*]That all data about that story is contained within the 500 word article on which they are commenting, and that said data is more than adequate enough confidently issue complete and irrevocable judgment on the story.
    [*]They are more than fully qualified to issue judgment on said story.
    [*]And that it is appropriate to demand that the individuals featured in the story suffer a fate likely banned under the Geneva Conventions.
    [/LIST]

Jake
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE=David of Mac;187156]That looks like a starting pistol to me, so the Doctor isn't even firing a real gun.[/QUOTE]

How can you tell the gun he's firing 42 seconds into the clip is a "starting" pistol? Since he's obviously firing blanks there is no recoil, but other than that I can't really tell. I can't even make out the brand or figure out the model of the gun, it's so out of focus. The round top and flat bottom of the muzzle is odd though...

Most starting "pistols" are actually revolvers... and that's clearly a pistol he's holding in his hand. You don't want your starting pistol to jam on you when the world is watching. :D
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    Nice XKCD cartoon :D

Now when is that Dr Who coming out on DVD?
    About the same time they usually come out, I would imagine.

Worf
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    Guns are bad, mkay?
  • [QUOTE=Mundane;187237]Gun-grabbers are bad, mkay?[/QUOTE]Fixed that for you.

Or maybe: [QUOTE=Mundane;187237]Criminals are bad, mkay?[/QUOTE]

Or maybe: [QUOTE=Mundane;187237]Inanimate objects are inanimate, mkay?[/QUOTE]

But let's not do this here. I still have hopes for this being a good Doctor Who thread.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Ha! You'll be lucky! :p