Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Lost - Final Season

2»

Comments

• StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Well, to be perfectly honest, the show featured a great cast with very talented people that we had the privilege to see perform over six seasons. That said, we ended up getting a lot of drama and mystery... but the bottom line is that we'll finish with more questions than answers, as I can't imagine that the show's final episode will contain such a mind-blowing ending that will be close to satisfying. There are just too many loose ends....
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    You make it sound like it's bad when a drama series actually has drama and mystery.
    It is when there is no pay-off at the end. We'll see. The finale is said to be two and a half hours long, so there is hope left that it won't disappoint.
    [url=http://m.io9.com/5540279/50-questions-lost-really-does-need-to-answer]50 Questions Lost Really Does Need To Answer[/url] in the series finale or else....
    I don't know if I should bother watching the finale... that would be two and a half hours of my life that I wouldn't have wasted on this show, if it sucks. Then again, I've watched the whole series up until now... time well wasted.

As far as I understand it, they messed up the story because they were afraid the show would become too predictable. IMHO, the show lost its way when it stopped being about the people stranded on the island.
    I don't Stingray, just about every post you've made about the series in this thread has been a complaint, maybe this isn't your kind of show?
    [QUOTE=WORF;188630]I don't Stingray, just about every post you've made about the series in this thread has been a complaint, maybe this isn't your kind of show?[/QUOTE]

That's not true, you must be referring to another show. In fact I'm quite a fan. This thread is not that long and my comments have been quite positive. Everything JJA is involved in is certainly worth our time because you can be sure he put some thought into it.
    As expected it was an emotional ending. I still don't get it though.... so I'm hoping somebody can explain it to me later on, when the dust has settled. :D
  • What the f- did I just watch...
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Wow what a finale. Very very emotional. Dare I say even more so than the end of BSG.

Despite its flaws, Lost has been a truely superb show and its been a real journey watching the characters develope over the years. I agree too, I don't get it but I suppose thats the magic in a way. What is the island? Well after the final episode I'm not that bothered to know the answer. I'm just glad after my initial frustration with S3, I came back to it and stuck it out to the end.
    I'm starting to understand, after some brainstorming with other fans. You may need to watch the last half hour of the finale a couple times again to get it.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Yeah I think I'm going to have to do that.. my heads still spinning at the moment.
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    The final scene is confusing at best, it makes you 'think' that they are trying to tell you Spoiler: they were all dead to begin with but in actual fact that is not the case at all.
    Excellent ending, I'm glad they kept the mystery of the island and focused on the characters instead.

Worf
  • NembotNembot Trainee
    LOVED the show, felt cheated by the finale.

That said, i'll miss it loads.
  • Kinda liked the alternative ending better:
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/2OXLq.gif[/IMG]
    I can understand that people don't like the ending because of its feel-good flavor, after all, they've been fighting for survival for so long that it's really a Deus Ex Machina ending... to make a long story short, they all lived happily ever after and thank you for watching. Bye. :D

Of course the show has been about the people from the plane crash, that's what's been bothering me ever since they made it stop being about those people and so much time was wasted on inconsequential stuff. All this Dharma stuff that didn't pay off... all this time travel mumbo-jumbo.

Anyway, it's over now and whether we like it or not that's the way it ended.