Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Is FTLing to work more green than driving a car?

...[url=http://www.auctionnetwork.com/UpcomingItem.asp?EventId=29810]just wondering[/url]...

Comments

• BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Only if you don't power it with an internal combustion engine.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Sadly I dont think that would fit in my flat :(
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    I'm not sure if pushing this thing on the highway is going to produce fewer carbon emissions than driving a regular car. :D
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    As much as I'd like that as a front room ornament, I'd still prefer a Viper :D
  • Yeah, I would also rather have the MkVII...though the detail on the ELINT station is friggin' awesome!
    I know, I'd love to wire that up and use it as my computer :D
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I had the same thought :)

Worf
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    it's rather amazing how much detail is in almost every prop on this show. The detailed list is incredible.
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    So if they're selling it I guess that means no more in raptor scenes if they ever make any more movies.
    There'll probably be a clause in the sale contract for making it available for filming or something. Although if it were me, the price would be a cameo in the movie :D
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    That's an interesting point, they probably are only getting rid of things they won't be needing anymore :(

On the plus side, the Viper MK2 isn't on the list, maybe they expect to use it in Caprica?

Worf
    Do they have more that one Raptor maybe?
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    According to Battlestar Wiki, Galactica currently has a compliment of at least 20 raptors.

Oh you mean [i]real[/i] ones? :p
    Muppet :p
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    That just means, they don't plan on shooting scenes that involve the prop. That doesn't mean they won't use CGI Raptors in the future.

Besides, if they have to use the prop, they just need to contact whoever bought it if they could borrow it for a few scenes.

I think it's a better idea than blowing the props to bits as they do on other shows/movies.
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    FTLing to work would be fine if it didn't wreak havoc on the gravitation field in your neighbourhood...

Jake
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    I work less than one mile from my house, FTLing to work would be just silly!
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    [QUOTE=WORF;178564]That's an interesting point, they probably are only getting rid of things they won't be needing anymore :(

On the plus side, the Viper MK2 isn't on the list, maybe they expect to use it in Caprica?[/QUOTE]

I doubt it. They seem to be selling everything, and only delaying items that'll be especially important in the final episodes. When I looked through the catalogue, virtually every item that was missing was one that could've had a spoiler in its description for season 4.5. Some of them were pretty easy to figure out, like the Viper Mark II (so, Starbuck's Viper is going to be involved), the fifth final five robe (I was interested to find each one was different, and that each corresponded to a specific person), and Lee's blue suit.
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    [QUOTE=Entil'Zha;178632]I work less than one mile from my house, FTLing to work would be just silly![/QUOTE]
    Big deal. I'd FTL to the mailbox downstairs if I could, rather than take the elevator.