Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

"In the Beginning" question

If this has been asked before I apologize...

At the end of "In the Beginning", A old Emperor Londo has Sheridan and Delenn captive. Why?
I haven't seen all the episodes in a long time, forgive my poor memory.

Comments

• Watch "War Without End Parts 1 and 2" and all will make sense.

------------------
    "Ambassador we all know that the first casulty of war is the truth."
    -John Sheridan

Ok so it's not exactly Max's journal but I think it's good
    http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40551
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Yes, watch that episode. And also read the Centauri trilogy to get even more explanation of those particular events.

------------------
    [url="http://www.minbari.co.uk/log12.2263/"]Never eat anything bigger than your own head.[/url]
    "Nonono...Is not [i]Great[/i] Machine. Is...[i]Not[/i]-so-Great Machine. It make good snow cone though." - Zathras
  • samuelksamuelk The Unstoppable Mr. 'K'
    If you really want to know what's happening, look below. But be warned, I spoil a LOT.

MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW

MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW

MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW

MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW

BEGIN SPOILERS:

In "War Without End", Sheridan, Zathras Delenn, Marcus, Sinclair, Ivonova and a few others take a Whitestar to Sector 14 (at Delenn's request), the place where Babylon 4 mysteriously appeared in "Babylon Squared".

Delenn explains to the group that Draal used the Great Machine (on Epsilon 3) to open a time rift. She plans to take the Whitestar through the rift, capture Babylon 4 and transport it 1000 years into the past, where the station is to be used (was used?) as a base of operations for the first Shadow War.

During the theft of Babylon 4, the time rift causes local instabilities in the space-time continuum. Each of the Whitestar's crew has a personal time stabilizer device to prevent them from becoming "unstuck in time". Unfortunately, Sheridan's time stabilizer is damaged, and he is thrown forward in time.

Sheridan's flash forward finds him inside his own body many years in the future. He is standing in a dark cell, when Delenn rushes up to him and tells him that his son, David, is safe. Sheridan is in shock, and has trouble figuring out what's happening to him.

When Future-Delenn notices his confusion, she realizes that Sheridan is experiencing the flash-forward (Future-Sheridan obviously told her this had happend).

Future-Delenn tells Sheridan that they are on Centauri Prime, and are being held prisoner by Londo. Londo blames them for the Centauri Prime lies in burning ruins, destroyed by the remaining allies of the Shadows.

Londo, under control of the Shadows' Keeper, has captured Delenn and Sheridan. The Shadows and their minions blame Sheridan and Delenn for the war that drove the Shadows away.

Londo brings Sheridan and Delenn to his throne room to show them how the Shadows destroyed Centauri Prime. The scene you saw in "In the Beginning" happens just before they are brought to him.

END MAJOR SPOILERS

END MAJOR SPOILERS

END MAJOR SPOILERS

END MAJOR SPOILERS

END MAJOR SPOILERS

[This message has been edited by samuelk (edited 12-27-2002).]
  • whitestar90whitestar90 Elite Ranger
    Moer spoilers follow
    In the Centauri trilogy it tell of Sheriden and Delenn child, David, has a keeper on him that takes him to Centauri Prime and John and Delenn go to Centauri Prime to get him back and thats how they wind up there.

------------------
    "When it is time,come to this place,call our name,we will be here"-Walkers of Sigma957

[url="http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/babylon/"][i][b]The Babylon Project[/i][/b][/url]-Bringing Babylon5 to Freespace2
    [url="http://ifh.firstones.com"]I've Found Her-Babylon 5 free game[/url]
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    2 things...

at some point near the end of the show, Londo gives Sherridan a gift for his yet unborn sun. Londo tells him, give it to your son on his 16th birthday. Now we all know there is a keeper inside of it, but Sherridan does not.

If you also remember, in "In the beginning" the story is told from Londo's perspective as he tells the story to several childeren. All the while he is drinking and effectively killing the hold the keeper has over him. He had Dellen and John in the room blaming them for the fall of Centauri and all he is doing is 'putting on a show' for the keeper.

Once he is done he sends the two back to their room, and finishes drinking until the keeper has no hold on him. That is when he orders the guard to get John and Dellen of the planet. After that, is when G'Kar (old and 1 eye missing), comes around the corner and says hello to his 'old friend' and they proceed to strangle each other to death.

Vir walks in and finds the emporer dead, and picks up the talisman and takes his place as emporer. Free from the control of the Drahk and the keepers.
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    [quote]Originally posted by SpiritOne:
    [b]Vir walks in and finds the emporer dead, and picks up the talisman and takes his place as emporer. Free from the control of the Drahk and the keepers.[/b][/quote]

I always liked the bit in the last book of the Centuari trilogy where, immediatly after Vir picks up the seal, G'Kar makes his last gesture toward the still-living Keeper, trying to get the hell out while the gettings good. Vir than smooshes the Keeper dead with the Great Seal of the Centuari Republic.
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Wow... we're still taking on new passengers!

Welcome, Spirit!

------------------
    We are here to place President Grenewetzki under arrest!
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    Yes, welcome!
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    thanks, and hello...

Ive been looking around firstones.com for a while now, ever since I heard about B5IFH.

I just never saw the forum link. I never looked for one either. Was a slow day at work the other night, and I figured I should put my 2 cents worth in.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Feel free to put in more. [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/smile.gif[/img]

------------------
    [url="http://www.minbari.co.uk/log12.2263/"]Never eat anything bigger than your own head.[/url]
    "Nonono...Is not [i]Great[/i] Machine. Is...[i]Not[/i]-so-Great Machine. It make good snow cone though." - Zathras