Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

I am from 2047

13»

Comments

• sataicallistasataicallista High Priestess of Squeee!
    I'm confused as hell....
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    So what do we call them instead?
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE=SpiritOne;170610]Except traveling through time is not as easy as jumping in the Delorean and flying back to 1955 now is it. Come on folks, what the number one problem with traveling through time?

Even if you have been sitting at your desk in front of your computer for the last 10 minutes, YOU are not in the same place as you were 10 minutes ago. Motion. All of us, were all in motion, not just on an ethereal plane but on an astral plane. If your in a time machine in a room and you hit the way back button and go back in time 10 minutes ago, 10 minutes ago, the center of that room could be the wall.

To SAFELY travel through time you have to be in a safe environment. You have to be in a place where when you are ready to put yourself back into the normal flow of space and time (because lets face it, you took yourself out of it to travel through time) you don't want to be near anything solid at all, even a planetoid. You want to be in the void between planets, where nothing else be when your ready rejoin normal forward moving time.

The few scientists who are willing to discuss theoretical time travel all agree on this fact. Time travel will not be done on the earth. Although you guys seem to be having fun with this, I hate to be a kill joy.[/QUOTE]

I've thought about this before too. Besides the planets moving, isn't it true that the stars in the galaxy are also moving around the center of the galaxy? And aren't the galaxies supposed to be moving as well? So when you time travel, even if you're just outside of our solar system, when you appear, you might end up way farther than when you started?
  • Geez San, Hebrew for the people, Jews for the religion.
    Not all Hebrews are Jews, not all Jews are Hebrews.

I have a major brain disease and I got that one.
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    Out of order?!? FUCK! Even in the future nothing works!
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    What if the guy only wanted to get the subset of both Hebrew [B]and[/B] Jewish, as he/she/it had no problem with those only claiming membership in one group?
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    Exactly Caligula. Before you ever jump, you have to plot where your going to end up. You have to find a way to account for spatial drift, planetary movement and a whole host of other things. Really its very dangerous. Traveling through time ain't like dusting crops, without precise calculations you could fly right through a star and that would end your trip real quick, wouldn't it?
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    In fact, you could say it was so quick that your trip back in time ended [i]before it began.[/i]

:laugh:

Oh, I slay me.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Please do. It'll save us the trouble.
  • testing
  • San, easy Jewish Hebrews.