Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

I am from 2047

Comments

• HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    Then before you go, give us some information which can save lives from upcoming disasters...
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    When will robo-lover-women like in all those animes finally come on the market?
  • [QUOTE=HuntSmacker;170598]Then before you go, give us some information which can save lives from upcoming disasters...[/QUOTE]As long as you're living in the territory of the United States of America or one of its allies in 2038, you will likely ride out World War III without much incident.
  • Will I make the starships I've been dreaming of to get the hell off this rock? And if I do, what is my ship's name? And do we finally make contact with an alien race?
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Re: Bananas, I had a reason for the question, but it is presently lost :p

Will the Mars mission ever happen? If so, which nation(s) spearheaded the approach? Who was the first back to the moon, if anyone?

Which time period do you prefer and why?
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    Will season 4 actually be the last season of Battlestar Galactica or are Ron Moore and David Eick just trying to pull another stunt ending S4 in the most insane of cliffhangers hoping for season 5?
  • AnlaShokAnlaShok Democrat From Hell
    [QUOTE=Sanfam;170604]Re: Bananas, I had a reason for the question, but it is presently lost :p

Will the Mars mission ever happen? If so, which nation(s) spearheaded the approach? Who was the first back to the moon, if anyone?

Which time period do you prefer and why?[/QUOTE]
    Bananas no longer have seeds. They are all cuttings from the remaining strains, not newly germinated plants. There is a disease busily wiping them out. We may not have bananas in the next few years.
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    Except traveling through time is not as easy as jumping in the Delorean and flying back to 1955 now is it. Come on folks, what the number one problem with traveling through time?

Even if you have been sitting at your desk in front of your computer for the last 10 minutes, YOU are not in the same place as you were 10 minutes ago. Motion. All of us, were all in motion, not just on an ethereal plane but on an astral plane. If your in a time machine in a room and you hit the way back button and go back in time 10 minutes ago, 10 minutes ago, the center of that room could be the wall.

To SAFELY travel through time you have to be in a safe environment. You have to be in a place where when you are ready to put yourself back into the normal flow of space and time (because lets face it, you took yourself out of it to travel through time) you don't want to be near anything solid at all, even a planetoid. You want to be in the void between planets, where nothing else be when your ready rejoin normal forward moving time.

The few scientists who are willing to discuss theoretical time travel all agree on this fact. Time travel will not be done on the earth. Although you guys seem to be having fun with this, I hate to be a kill joy.
  • [QUOTE=HuntSmacker;170598]Then before you go, give us some information which can save lives from upcoming disasters...[/QUOTE]I'm not a physicist, but I seem to remember that a great deal of consideration went into how the coordinate system was defined.
    [QUOTE=AnlaShok;170607]Bananas no longer have seeds. They are all cuttings from the remaining strains, not newly germinated plants. There is a disease busily wiping them out. We may not have bananas in the next few years.[/QUOTE]

When in doubt, trust others to act as my memory. ;)
  • PSI-KILLERPSI-KILLER Needs help
    Whats going on in the world of gaming? Are microchips directly implanted into our heads?
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    [QUOTE=Biggles;170588]OK, Vertigo_1, fun's over.

I have bad news, everyone. Vertigo_1 isn't who he claims to be. He's actually a time criminal from 20[i]5[/i]7. He broke into an Apple store and stole a jTime device, then travelled back here to start WW3 (it seems he has a grudge against Liechtenstein). I've been hanging out here, waiting for his future self to reveal himself, for years.[/QUOTE]

I knew that story about Bush's third term as president was too good to be true!

Jake
  • Why Haven't You Jumped Yet?!
  • What the hell? I didn't post any of this.

*changes password*
  • I am from 2007.

I'm not sure what I was doing, but it all seemed perfectly ordinary.
    Then, bam, and everywhere I look, calendars read 2008.

Bugs me, but I'm not bothering to go back. :D
    It's called linear time-space progression syndrome and it happens to all of us. The only cure unfortunately involves traveling at the speed of light, of which side effects include dramatic weight gain.

Jake
    [QUOTE=Vertigo_1;170658]What the hell? I didn't post any of this.

*changes password*[/QUOTE]

Perhaps you travelled to the past from the future and thus remembered your own password, making such changes futile? :p
  • Hey, yeah! If you changed your password [I]now[/I], wouldn't the future you remember it in the future? And so when you came back here to now, even though now you changed your password, since you are still you--even then--you would still know what your password is! I agree with Sanfram, futile!

Another question: if you are then you instead of now you, have you gone to visit now you and try to impart some positive wisdom? If you are now you instead of then you, have you noticed anyone kind of following you around, or calling and then hanging up, or did you go to the kitchen this morning to find all the food high in fat and preservatives thrown in the trash outside?
  • People remember there passwords? Amazing!
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    Yeah, it's easy: 1,2,3,4,5... it's the same combination I have on my luggage.
    Only an idiot would use 12345 as the combintion... :D
  • ...I better change the combination on my luggage.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Shes gone from suck to blow!
  • EclecticonautEclecticonaut Elite Ranger
    I knew it! I'm surrounded by assholes!
    *Pulls down facemask*
    Keep firing assholes!
    I've lost the bleeps, the sweeps, and the creeps!
    We ain't found sh*t!
  • AnlaShokAnlaShok Democrat From Hell
    [QUOTE=Sanfam;170673]Perhaps you travelled to the past from the future and thus remembered your own password, making such changes futile? :p[/QUOTE]
    Hey, Great Admin, what does the IP address say?
    iam.from.the.future
  • I already did the time travel thing. I bought a few thousand shares of microlinux 200 months from now.
  • I went back in time and killed the guy who said to call the Hebrew Jews.
    Before he said it.
    So stop calling them Jews.