Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

BSG Season 3 Soundtrack

This comes out Tuesday. I can't wait.

Comments

• BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Some people haven't.
  • Hopefully they'll still buy it. I know I will.
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    I got it early by virtue of keeping a ready eye on Bear McCreary's Blog and finding out about a prerelease release. It's his best one yet. It's a good thing this show is ending at four seasons, because at this rate, the season 5 soundtrack would be so fucking amazing that half the people who listened to it would die of joy.
  • You actually went to Burbank?
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    There must be some kinda way outta here...

Worf
    [QUOTE=Vertigo_1;166090]You actually went to Burbank?[/QUOTE]

Heavens, no. That place sold by mail, as well.

I [i]am[/i] going to have to see if I can get over to the other coast for one of his concerts or signings some day. I have signed copies of the season 2 and 3 soundtracks, and I'd like to get my copies of the mini and season 1 autographed as well, so I have a full set.
  • Wait wait wait-

They've already begun selling the autographed Season 3 albums, outside the Burbank event? I've been watching the front page of [url=http://www.lalalandrecords.com/]LaLaLand[/url] like a hawk, because that's where the autographed copies appeared last year. I assumed that once the release date came, they'd put them on the front page again. I also have an autographed Season 2 album, and was really hoping I could get my hands on an autographed Season 3.

Please elaborate on how you purchased your autographed version.
    No, the shop itself, [url=http://www.darkdel.com/]Dark Delicacies[/url], had them up for pre-order prior to the signing (under the "signings/events" link on the left sidebar). They aren't selling them anymore, though.

I'm not sure if LaLaLand is going to have signed copies or not. Bear McCreary's blog said they would, but LaLaLand's press release implied that Dark Delicacies would be the only source of signed prerelease copies (though they could've been referring to the "prerelease" part and not the "signed" part). I'd guess that LaLaLand will have signed copies for the first people to order, because of tradition and because I'd hope Bear McCreary has a good enough grasp of his schedule to know if and why he's signing several dozen copies of CD liner notes.
  • I guess we'll know tomorrow or the next day.

What did you think of the music that was cut from the shown version of Exodus Pt. 2?
    You mean how "Storming New Caprica" wasn't exactly the same as how it played during the actual episode? I don't think that it was music that was cut, but was just how McCreary likes to approach soundtracks. I've noticed he tends to avoid putting the exact same stuff on twice (the best example on the Season 2 CD would be how the portion of music when the Resurrection Ship was destroyed was absent from "Prelude to War," because aside from the lead-in it was a straight reuse of "Bloodshed" from season 1) and to remix tracks so that they play better as standalone music rather than exactly what aired, beat for beat (again, "Prelude to War" being a fine example, along with "Worthy of Survival"). So "Storming New Caprica" was missing stuff we already have (the entire "Pegasus Saves The Day" sequence, which consisted entirely of bits of "Bloodshed" and "Worthy Of Survival"), and had some other parts out of order (the music that played after the shipyard gate was blasted open comes after the evocation of the "Pegasus Saves The Day" sequence, instead of right after the "Adama Maneuver" sequence). In any event, it's a little surprising when you first listen to it, but it works very well.

Also, on a related note, I think "Admiral And Commander" is the best version of the Adama family theme yet.
  • You don't think it's possible that Moore and/or Eick vetoed parts of the album version?
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    For those interested in a preview go here:

[url]http://www.soundtrack.net/features/article/?id=243[/url]

All sounds great so far, can't wait to get my hands on it :cool:

Any idea if there will be a soundtrack release for Razor?
    Oh and apparently Amazon.com have posted different samples to the ones on Soundtrack.net
    [QUOTE=Vertigo_1;166131]You don't think it's possible that Moore and/or Eick vetoed parts of the album version?[/QUOTE]

Well, sure, it's [i]possible,[/i] but I don't think it's [i]likely[/i]. The track has most definitely been remixed, and the "alternate" sections have a bit of a placeholder feel about them. While they fit well enough to the scenes when I tried a quick editing, they tended to go on too long or too short. I think it's nothing more sinister than there being a "score" version and an "album" version.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    If you are ever disappointed, there's always the option of re-edits by us fans.

I'm not. :D *fangasm*
    Hmm do I buy this with the Razor dvd for just $34.98 from the river site? Christmas is coming I suppose :)
  • It's Tuesday, and nothing on LaLaLand :(
  • Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy it's up on LaLaLand!

Here's hoping I get an autographed copy.
    You probably will. It usually takes a couple of days before they run out (thank God for having niche tastes, am I right?)
    It says it is autographed. Purchased :D And not a bad price at all for 80 minutes of music.
    All signed copies sold out now.
    that was mighty fast.
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    So fast I didn't even look at the website yet!
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    Though the signed copies for David Arnold's Godzilla score still hold the record... i think they were gone in less than 30 minutes... (of course long before i knew it was beeing released)
  • I really wish they'd held on to those until Tuesday. I would have bought one, David Arnold is the man.
    [QUOTE=Vertigo_1;166276]I really wish they'd held on to those until Tuesday. I would have bought one, David Arnold is the man.[/QUOTE]

The annoying thing is that the Godzilla score is interesting enough for score-collectors that probably a big amount of those signed copies where snatched up by people who'll put it up on ebay for a hundred bucks or more...
    The soundtrack just got here (signed - yay!). Cool, how the first track (from "Occupation") allready has elements of "All Along the Watchtower" in it :)
    Oh, I would have adored a signed David Arnold soundtrack. *worship*
    Finally got my copy. Wow. Bear has really taken it to another level. Its fantastic. The whole collection seems more tight and mature and flows really well. For me the bets ones are:

Precipice
    Storming New Caprica
    Refugees Return
    Under the Wing
    Someone to Trust
    The Temple of Five

Storming New Caprica is fantastic, the whole tempo is unrelenting and drives home that fact that the episode was probably the best one from the entire series (imo).

Refugees Return is a beautiful piece, really tugs at the heart strings especially remembering the scene with Tigh and Adama, such a powerful moment.
    My copy is in, autographed insert and all :)

Storming New Caprica, Violence and Variations...
    Oh god, so many good tracks.