Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Site Ideas.... multimedia needed?

mambo_mordenmambo_morden Earthforce Officer
Ok, new to the community... want to shout out to everyone here....

I'm starting up a B5 site, and was just toying with some ideas, and I've noticed that there's a lot of B5 material out there (mp3's, midi's, audio clips, video previews, meshes, renders, etc), but no real place that's got it all.

I wanna put it all together, meshes, mp3's, etc. on one site - trying to put it all on one domain.

Anyways, I realize that most of these materials are original works that've taken people alot of time to do, so work would have to be volunteered for posting by the authors.

I'm looking to see/judge the amount the amount material that people would wanna post, and if anyone's interested... let me know. I'm looking at making a user system that would allow authors of materials to directly upload/rename/delete materials from the site.

Anyways... this is still in planning. If you're interested and have some or any multimedia stuff and would be interested in posting it, or have any ideas for a site, lemme know.

Comments

• ArgoneArgone Genuine Klingon
    Sounds Great, I have some captured CD clips and Photos. [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/biggrin.gif[/img]

------------------
    [b]4 Thousand Throats can be cut in one night by a running Warrior[/b]
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Two ways to go:
    1. Have a site where people can post their stuff.
    2. An index site. Instead of keeping the content locally, provide links of the authors' sites, with a description and maybe a sample of each one.

------------------
    [url="http://www.minbari.co.uk/log12.2263/"]Never eat anything bigger than your own head.[/url]
    "Nonono...Is not [i]Great[/i] Machine. Is...[i]Not[/i]-so-Great Machine. It make good snow cone though." - Zathras
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    The biggest problem you will run into is the size of it. I am running that type of site for Tread Marks...and I have 400MBs on an FTP server for it. It is generally hard to find that sort of space unless you pay a lot (mine is free).

--RC
  • mambo_mordenmambo_morden Earthforce Officer
    I'm looking at splitting the server into a user postable section and, I guess, an archive of files. The way I've gotta split it would be about a half gig of archives and around 200mb of user postable stuff - which I think should suffice for a while... all depends on how much usage you get I guess... Random Chaos, how much of your space have you used?
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    I have used 400 of 500MBs, but I expect to fill it all up before too long.
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    Sounds Great! Good luck with the project...