Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Galactica on Sunday!

Comments

• Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    Now thats what its all about! Awesome episode!
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vorlons in my Head [/i]
    [B]Ok sci-fi really needs to get their head out of their bum with the BSG previews. All week they've been showing that lame apollo loves Kara preview. Now just one hour before the show they finally give the the real meaty preview with Baltar and its one of the biggest teasers in a long time. Why the hell didn't they show that since last sunday and actually get people interested in sticking around! [/B][/QUOTE]

To be fair, they were airing the second preview throughout the week, too. Needless to say, though, the first preview shouldn't have existed at all.

I have to say, "Taking A Break" was the most intense single episode yet. Definitely one of the the show's best.

I'm very glad Baltar's involvement is finally out in the open. I'm looking forward to the Trial Of The Century. The Sixes in hell at the beginning of the show freaked me out.

Also, for the record, I don't think Baltar was lying about the photo of the man in the hallway. When Baltar is bullshitting, it always shows, and he didn't give any of his tells. He's such a sad man.

And I loved that, according to the previews, next week seems to be the return of Head!Baltar. Now, what Baltar needs to do is be more like Head!Baltar, whom the actor himself has said is Baltar, but with his shit gotten together.

Fun fact according to the podcast: Spoiler: Baltar's final provocation of Gaeta was originally that he would say Gaeta was responsible for crimes that will, in some form, be the focus of the next episode. Gaeta, being innocent, flew into his murderous rage.
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    Spoiler: Well, on the one hand, the Lee loves Starbuck and/or Dee part of the episode was kinda blah. I think they saved it a little bit at the end but it was still fairly uninspiring overall.

On the other hand, the interrogation (torture?) of Baltar was fantastic. James Callis played the part superbly and I have to admit, Baltar waking up in the Cylon bath actually had me fooled for a second. :o

The gag reel was hilarious by the way. :D
    Weird I never saw the good preview all last week but saw the Lee/Kara one like 100 times.

EJO needs to direct more episodes. That was good stuff. The Lee/Kara B plot was weaker compared to the rest but thats going to depend on where they go from here. They SEEM to have finally given it some measure of closure. I hope they leave it at that for a while and just not touch that subject anymore. If they keep the dance going its just going to cheapen it as yet another Lee/Kara dance episode. This one is definately on the level of some of the the best. I think this could be the best this season. It brought everything back on track to they key and best parts of the story and all of the characters that really make the show. Next weeks episode looks promising.

Was it just me or did this episode remind anyone of the Sheridan interrogation episode? :angryv:
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    I knew I forgot something yesterday...

oh well, maybe they'll replay it this week sometime...
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vorlons in my Head [/i]
    [B]Was it just me or did this episode remind anyone of the Sheridan interrogation episode? :angryv: [/B][/QUOTE]
    Probably that's why they had to plant in so much of that endless Lee/Kara crap so that they wouldn't have to add JMS's name on the credits.

But what is with this Freudian obsession with floating on water and other fluids? Isn't there any other way to represent a subconscious mind?
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Eclecticonaut [/i]
    [B]But what is with this Freudian obsession with floating on water and other fluids? Isn't there any other way to represent a subconscious mind? [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, but it's more expensive. :D
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    Loved that blooper reel.. heh.

Lots of wind blowing there.. Must be hell.
    Actually, RDM mentioned on the podcast that filming with water is terrifically difficult and expensive, which made it special that they were able to do it this time. Most of the time water is just written out of TV scripts.

And the main difference with Intersections is that Sheridan had his shit together. Baltar had spent every day of two and a half years trying to convince himself that he hadn't murdered thirty billion people, that he bore no guilt, and then he had to suddenly try to convince someone else, in a spectacularly high-stress environment.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Well that was excellent. Sure was a tense episode. And even for the me the Kara/Lee thread was good, didn't need to reach for the barf bag once! :D It was interesting how they used the water scene, similar to when Lee was floating in space during the resurrection ship attack.

So the question is what did Gaeta actually do?

Whats with the 2 week wait for the next episode?
    Two words: Super Bowl.
    Ah I did wonder if there was some sporting event that was to blame :)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B]
    So the question is what did Gaeta actually do?

[/B][/QUOTE]

I'm actually not convinced he did anything. Baltar is no dumbass. He quickly realized the game they were trying to play using Gaeta and turned it against him. He knows they're being watched. All he had to do was whisper some nonsense to enrage him into his ear that couldn't be heard by the others. He undermines Gaeta by making him look like he's harboring some secret only Baltar knows about. He could use the ploy to his advantage and blame stuff that happaned in NC on Gaetta.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [B]I knew I forgot something yesterday...

oh well, maybe they'll replay it this week sometime... [/B][/QUOTE]

Today/Monday at 11:00 is the repeat. I know what you mean though. After three years its still hardwired into me that its on Friday. I need to make a conscious effort to not forget it on Sunday.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Space Ghost [/i]
    [B]Two words: Super Bowl. [/B][/QUOTE]

I wonder what's going to happen this year. :D
    I don't know. But whatever does, it won't be involving the Steelers. :(
    [B]I'm actually not convinced he did anything. Baltar is no dumbass. He quickly realized the game they were trying to play using Gaeta and turned it against him. He knows they're being watched. All he had to do was whisper some nonsense to enrage him into his ear that couldn't be heard by the others. He undermines Gaeta by making him look like he's harboring some secret only Baltar knows about. He could use the ploy to his advantage and blame stuff that happaned in NC on Gaetta. [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree. He looked at the camera right before he whispered into Gaeta's ear. Besides, everyone knows that Gaeta slipped messages to the resistance so I think it will work out.
  • ArethusaArethusa Universal Cathode
    That episode was [i]almost[/i] good enough to save the series. I'm surprised, but the shitty writers and directors have done such a good job of boxing the series into a corner that I'm not sure this (assuming they can even keep it up, which is entirely uncertain) can save it. Olmos is a damn good director, though. The episode wasn't without its rough spots, but it's still one of the series' best episodes.
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    Man I want that episode in HD :D
    [B]I'm actually not convinced he did anything. Baltar is no dumbass. He quickly realized the game they were trying to play using Gaeta and turned it against him. He knows they're being watched. All he had to do was whisper some nonsense to enrage him into his ear that couldn't be heard by the others. He undermines Gaeta by making him look like he's harboring some secret only Baltar knows about. He could use the ploy to his advantage and blame stuff that happaned in NC on Gaetta. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, not to ruin the fun, but according to the Podcast Spoiler: The plotline for the next episode involves a doctor accused of discriminating against patients from a certain colony. They had planned to include build-up to this, but for one reason or another it got cut. This included Baltar implying that Gaeta, in addition to supplying information to the resistance, also helped this crooked physician get away with letting people die. That's what he said that got Gaeta so upset.

Of course, since this is gone, they could go any which way with what Baltar whispered.
    Yeah makes sense that he was winding Gaeta up.

I 2nd that HD request! :D Sources I get are so muddy, especially compared to the Hero's and Prison Break feeds I get. Well I suppose we haven't had any dogfights for a while so am not missing out on any cgi goodness.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Spoiler: Did anyone else notice Baltar forgot to say frack while he was being dragged towards the airlock?

It was an excellent episode, very tense and it will be interesting to see what they end up doing with Baltar from this point. Spoiler: And yes I hope we've seen the last of the Lee/Starbuck relationship thing, I find it the most annoying plotline in the series.

Worf
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by David of Mac [/i]
    [B]

Of course, since this is gone, they could go any which way with what Baltar whispered. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well thats just my guessing. It could go anywhere really. I kind of like they left that detail up in the air. It adds more tension and anticipation to the next part. This is an interesting crossroad for baltar/six. At this point its any guess to what Baltars fate will be.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B]Yeah makes sense that he was winding Gaeta up.

I 2nd that HD request! :D Sources I get are so muddy, especially compared to the Hero's and Prison Break feeds I get. Well I suppose we haven't had any dogfights for a while so am not missing out on any cgi goodness. [/B][/QUOTE]

The three Fleet establishing shots in the teaser of "Worries" were rather lovely. However, Sci-Fi is going HD soon, so your prayers will be soon answered.

While not crystal clear, Sci-Fi is still no where near as bad as my UPN affiliate was. Extremely muddy picture, and about a half second of ghosting. When I saw screencaps of Enterprise on-line, I couldn't believe these people were watching the same show that I was.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    [B]Today/Monday at 11:00 is the repeat. I know what you mean though. After three years its still hardwired into me that its on Friday. I need to make a conscious effort to not forget it on Sunday. [/B][/QUOTE]

SOB, of course for me it is CST so it was on at 10:00 pm while I am trying to race home to catch it in all it's glory at 11 PM.

^%$^%$^%
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Space Ghost [/i]
    [B]Two words: Super Bowl. [/B][/QUOTE]

No you got it all wrong.

Two words: Puppy Bowl.
  • ArethusaArethusa Universal Cathode
    [B]SOB, of course for me it is CST so it was on at 10:00 pm while I am trying to race home to catch it in all it's glory at 11 PM.

^%$^%$^% [/B][/QUOTE]
    [url=http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3605786/_SirSam-Xvid_Battlestar_Galactica_-_3x13_-_Taking_a_Break_From_A]Just get a torrent already[/url].
    [B]SOB, of course for me it is CST so it was on at 10:00 pm while I am trying to race home to catch it in all it's glory at 11 PM.

^%$^%$^% [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh oops, I just figured people would adjust to their time zone accordongly. For me its at 12:00am as im in AST. Well, I strongly recommend you get a hold of this episode through itunes for a buck 99 or get it through uhm other means because this is one you don't want to miss before watching the next one.
    Worf yes I noticed that too. I think it added more gravity to the scene, made it more tense, more real. Glad they missed it :)

Hurray!!! HD for me and Huntsmacker :p Of course I'd be happy to pay for an iTunes download myself but since I'm not in the US that stops it right there plus I think the resolution they offer is too low. 1080p and UK offerings please. Not too much to ask.
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    Yes, hail the day there is a service such as iTunes providing "legal" HD downloads for a small fee. :D